Marriage license requirements from around the USA


Two parties must apply for a marriage license and have a ceremony within 90 days in the State of California to be legally married.

Certified copies of the marriage can be obtained once the return has been received by the Clerk’s Office from the official for a fee of $5.50 each, payable by Cash or Visa/MasterCard if appearing in person to obtain certified copies. You can usually apply for your marriage license at any county clerks office in the state in which you want to be married Some states require you to apply in the county clerks office in which you want to be married. If you wish to be married at the courthouse, just bring your marriage license back with you within the eligible time frame and the cost of the ceremony will be $30.00.

If the applicants to be married do not live in Montgomery County and are unable to appear in person to apply, they may apply for a marriage license using a Non-Resident Marriage Application (PDF) The Martin County Clerk’s Office issues marriage licenses to all qualifying couples. This site ­­­submits information for a marriage application, which is not complete until both applicants appear in the Register of Wills Office with required documentation (certified copy of divorce decree if applicable, printed confirmation number and valid photo ID, such as a current driver’s license, passport or visa).

If you would like a certified copy of a marriage license after the marriage has taken place and returned to our office please contact the County Clerk’s office or complete the copy request form and return to us with payment. The marriage license will be issued at the time of application, but is not valid for three days after application. Marriage license applications may be completed Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Office of the Milwaukee County Clerk, County Courthouse – Room 105, 901 North 9th Street, Milwaukee.

You save time because you will not have to fill out a paper marriage license application at the Clerk’s Office. EMarriage is an online marriage license pre-application program that will save you time when you come to the Clerk’s Office. Issued by clerks of local county marriage license bureau (Clark County); both parties must appear in person.

State Laws marriage requirements to obtain and file a marriage license to receive certified copy of your marriage certificate from clerk’s office upon request. ​State law requires three days between the date our office records a marriage application and when you get married ( RCW 26.04.180 ). For example, if you apply on Wednesday, you can get married on Saturday. Regardless of whether you submit your marriage license application form online or complete it in our office, you must visit our office at least 3 days prior to your marriage ceremony in order to complete the application process.

Both parties are required to appear at the Coos County Clerk’s office at the Courthouse in Coquille (250 N. Baxter St., Coquille, Or.) Visit the Clerk’s Office at least three days before your marriage ceremony and no sooner than 60 days. For purposes of marriage application, residency is determined by a current, valid driver’s license, State-issued identification card, or Washtenaw County ID Card.

If you would like to get married in Orange County and both parties are not Florida residents, you can come to our office to purchase your marriage license and get married the same day. A couple claiming hardship can appear at the downtown courthouse location only and petition a judge to waive the 3-day waiting period when applying for a marriage license in person. Before coming to the Clerk’s Office in person, please review all marriage license requirements and our FAQs.

A marriage license is valid for 60 days from the date of issuance and can be used in any county in Florida – not just the one in which it was issued. A certified copy of both birth certificates will be required to obtain a marriage license. Marriage License Application PLEASE PRINT ON LEGAL SIZE PAPER, and have it filled out before you come to the Clerk’s Office.

As an added convenience, a certified copy of any marriage license that was issued by the Broward Clerk of Courts from 1998 through the present may be obtained from one of the One Stop Satellite Locations in Plantation, Hollywood and Deerfield Beach. You may apply for a marriage license in Washington County regardless of residence or where the ceremony is taking place as long as you are married within the geographical boundaries of Minnesota.

For more information on how to get your marriage license, visit

Leave a reply