How to Prepare for XAT Exam Online
The XAT exam is a national level online entrance exam conducted by XLRI every year to select students for Management courses. Many institutes all over India accept XAT scores for admissions to their college.
The XAT 2020 will be conducted by the XLRI Jamshedpur to allow you to get admission to prestigious B-schools. As a student, you should start your preparation for the XAT 2020. Keep in mind that XLRI changes the XAT syllabus regularly, so you should keep yourself regularly updated when going through XAT preparation.
Like any other examination, XAT 2020 will require a well-planned approach and dedication towards your goal. At the same time, you need to learn time management so that you can attempt all the questions properly and with ample time at hand. If you are, or you have already prepared for the CAT exam, you would be aware of the syllabus, question format, and the marking scheme. You have to choose whether you would start your XAT preparation online or offline or in both ways.
Below, we will present some tips as to how you can prepare for the XAT exam online.
- Understand XAT 2020 Exam Pattern & Syllabus – This is important to know XAT exam preparation Remember, XAT is different from the CAT exam as it has an additional two sections related to Decision Making (DM) and General Awareness (GA), which are not present in the CAT exam. So, you have to practice additional questions and concepts related to these two sections on various topics.
- Arrange XAT Preparation Material after proper research-Several sites are available online that claim to provide comprehensive study material related to the XAT preparation. You have to keep in mind that even before you go ahead and subscribe to their courses, you are aware of what exactly the course is offering. Is it covering all the sections of the XAT examination? If yes, then is the site making your practice as per the XAT question format and marking scheme? This is important because your hard work in studies should not go in vain. Every single mark counts, so prepare accordingly.
- Take Mock Tests– As students, we all know what to study and how to study. If not, you will learn how to do the XAT preparation once you are fully aware of the syllabus and the distribution of marks. You can go through the best of study material and answer thousands of questions, but if you do not check your current exam preparation level, its work only half done. Try to take as many mock tests as possible online to judge your preparation and time skills.
- Prepare section-wise for XAT 2020– The XAT question paper for XAT 2020 will consist of four major components which are:
- Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
Here Decision making and General Awareness are additional sections, so you need to focus on them, and give special attention to the decision-making questions as well. You can select section-wise topics on sites and study regularly. Don’t forget to take mock tests also, so that you know where you stand.
- Prepare your study schedule- You need to set up your timetable for studies, mock tests, and revision, giving relevant importance to each. Once you have decided which time of the day suits you for studies, allocate time for each section of the exam. In that hour, study online only related to that topic and do not get carried away by other pieces of information. This will keep you on track.
Proper planning and diligence are necessary to get a good score in your XAT 2020 exam. Remember, your hard work can get you admission to top-notch business schools in the country and a course of your choice.