Decorate your house with venetian plaster
Venetian plaster is a traditional procedure which is used for decorating walls and ceilings. Venetian plaster defines both art and craftsmanship. Venetian plaster is a hard material that lasts for a long period of time. There are many materials that are an imitation of venetian plaster but are of low quality. Such materials are available at cheap prices. Venetian plaster is different from other kind of plasters as it uses considerable amount of marble dust and natural lime. It gives the polished plasters a feel of marble that rich is rich and sensual in quality. Venetian plasters has been called as “Marmoratum Opus” which means “Great Work”. To know the history of venetian plaster refer this website.
Benefits of using polished plaster
- Venetial plasters when used in textured form give versatile and gorgeous effect to the walls and ceilings.
- Venetial plasters can be applied to any kind of surface but they are best for porous surfaces.
- It can be used on brick walls, wooden walls, tiles and even on drywall. All these walls can be converted to polished walls with venetian plasters.
- Walls that have a coating of venetian plaster tend to last a lifetime and requires low maintenance.
- Venetian plasters are eco-friendly and hence it does not have any adverse effect on the health of the resident people.
Forms of venetian plaster
- Classic polished plaster: These plasters have high reflective sheen that gives your walls a marble effect. It also offers variations in shades with utmost smoothness.
- Marmorino polished plaster: This type of venetian plaster offers semi-shine to the walls and ceilings. It brings depth to the walls with natural shades.
- Concrete polished plaster: Concrete polished plasters are used to create look of shuttered concrete. It is suitable for walls, ceilings and columns.